A small but noisy group of Wightlink users gathered outside County Hall this morning (Wednesday) ahead of the visit of Conservative politician Michael Gove to the Isle of Wight.
The Wightlink Users Group (WUG) claim to be a community-based initiative seeking better services from the ferry company.
WUG would like to see Wightlink meet the needs of commuters better, as well as those needing healthcare, in education or simply enjoying their leisure time.
The pressure group claim to be non-political and do not have an opinion on the desirability of a fixed link.
The Wightlink Users Group are demanding:
- a better timetable that connects with rail services
- later ferries to and from the mainland
- discounts for Isle of Wight residents
- free fares for those requiring hospital treatment and their relatives
- free parking for those requiring NHS appointments
Article continued on the Island Echo here –